Hey Dance Family!
We had another wonderful Saturday!
Not only are the winter showcase dances coming along smoothly, your dancer got to take some time to reflect on why they are thankful for dance!
Your dancer was very articulate with explaining why they were thankful for dance and it makes our heart smile that we are a part of you and your dancers lives.
Winter Showcase Practice videos will be sent on Saturday Nov. 17th.
Please practice with your dancer over Thanksgiving break!
Dance Dynamix 5th Birthday Party is SATURDAY!
IT’S TIME TO PARTY!!!
We truly appreciate your business and to celebrate our 5th Birthday, we’re giving you the gift of a
KID FREE NIGHT!!
Have your dancer and a PLUS ONE come enjoy food, games, fun, and of course DANCIN’ THE NIGHT AWAY!
CLICK HERE RSVP by Thursday, November 15th at 3pm!!
Winter Showcase Information
We are so excited for our 3rd Annual Winter Showcase!
Doors Open: 4:00 – Showtime: 4:15pm
Location: Laurel High School
8000 Cherry Ln, Laurel, MD 20707
Tickets On Sale NOW!!!
Act Fast!! Purchase on Pre-Order Nov 15th – Nov 21st $12 – $18
Advance Orders Nov 22nd – Dec 6th $18 – $23
Door Tickets available for $25
All tickets are sold online and pricing is in accordance with your personalized seat selection
Click Here to Secure Your Seats Today
Body Liners are REQUIRED for each winter showcase dancer and can be purchased at the front desk.
Please see Ms. Angel this week to place your order.
Below is the timeline for winter showcase day..
DRESSED REHEARSAL: Closed rehearsal, one parent allowed for pics + video
TIMELINE & NOTES – REHEARSAL & WINTER SHOWCASE
1:30 Dancers Check-In – NEW: There are two steps to the check-in process. Every minute matters so please plan to arrive promptly at 1:30!!
Step 1: Costume Distribution
- Enter on the side door where the playground is.
- When you’re facing the front of the building go left!
- Dancers should arrive dressed only in their body liner, tights & a large T-shirt with their hair and makeup done.
- All street clothes should be fully removed and kept with the parent.
- Please wear a cover up (large mens T-shirt) from home to wear over the costume rental while backstage.
- Please bring your dancer w/ a packed healthy lunch + water.
- Receive your dancer costume(s), dress your dancers, grab their show shopping bag
- Once your dancer is dressed in their costume, walk them to their pre-assigned holding area
Step 2: Dancer Check-in
- Parents drop your dancer off at the designated locations listed below.
(Pictures will be located outside of the door for performance track students)
- When you check-in one parent will be provided a wristband. Keep this wristband on through the duration of the winter showcase. This wristband will permit you access to the theatre during dress rehearsal and access in the dancers holding area to pick up your dancer up when the show is over
- Note: Only one parent will be allowed in the theatre with the wristband no exceptions! If you bring extra people they will have wait in the lobby.
2:15 Rehearsal Begins
- Finale will be practiced first, then the rest of the show will run in order
3:30 Auditorium Cleared
- Regardless of if we are still running dress rehearsal, to prep the theatre for a 4:00 pm doors open time, the theatre will be cleared
3:30 – 4:00 Refreshment Break
- Dress Rehearsal Concludes – Dancers eat/rest in dancer holding room till showtime
4:00 Doors Open — find your seats and get settled
4:15 SHOWTIME — Show Starts!!! On time — please advise your guest that if they arrive late, they will be guided to the balcony for seating until intermission when there’s a pause in the show.
~5:15 Show ends & Dismissal
- Parent who has wristband will retrieve dancer from where you dropped them off in the holding area
- You’ll have 10 minutes to take pictures with family and friends while the dancer is in costume
- When you hear the song These Are A Few of My Favorite Things all dancers should report back to the holding area w/the parent who is wearing the wristband to return and check in your costume rental.
Note – If you don’t want any pictures with the dancer in costume, the parent who has the wristband can immediately return/check in the dancers costume and you are free to go.
Please arrive ON TIME at the exact times outlined above.
Until that time we will not be ready for you!
There will be a Complete Winter Showcase Packet that will be posted online by Saturday, December 1st with more details and information about show day.
No Classes – Wed, Nov 21st – Sat, Nov 24th
Annual Winter Showcase – Saturday, December 8th
That’s all for now! See ya on soon
P.S. – don’t forget to click here to RSVP for the bday party!!